Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - turning to a stop
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
bkrieger

Default turning to a stop

So I've been riding for a couple years, and last year I started getting better at it. I just went up Killington for the first time this weekend. It seems that, when I traverse on my toeside, I can begin to link turns to my heal side, and then back to toe side, but on certain steep spots, I end up staying on my toeside, and turn to a stop. When my uphill edge is gripping the snow, I panic a little, and don't want to lift my toes from gripping the now, and lean into the downhill edge. I also tend to traverse across the hill too much, and then turn, rather than taking a straighter angle down the hill. Are there any tips to turn with more control going down hill at a better angle?
I watched the snowprofessor and snowolf videos online, and the basic idea that I got from that is, for a toeside turn, put your wight on your front toes, then when the board begins to turn, put weight on your back toes. For a heel turn, put your weight on your front heel, then when the board begins to turn, put your weight on your back heels. Since it seems there are so many steps, I am thinking that is why I am going across the hill so much after each turn, and when the board is going across the hill, say on my toes, it is hard, especially on a steep spot, to switch from the uphill edge, to the downhill edge without panicking. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
bkrieger is offline   Reply With Quote