Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How would you repair this?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 05:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
RVM
Veteran Member

That's about what I had in mind, except I was thinking about cutting out the ptex over the bulge, using clamps and plates to flatten the core back down and epoxying new ptex over it. I think the edge is still in decent shape and if I'm careful it should bend back into place.

However, I'm worried about the separation between the sidewall and the edge. If I bend the edge back (it's pushed in and down) into place it's going to leave a gap between the ptex sidewall and the edge. I've never repaired anything like that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezus Christ View Post
lol no dont bother trying to warranty.. that happened to my bros heritage and it was a quick fix. just make a small incision over the bulge with an exacto knife then heat it up with a heat gun and take to it with a mallet/hammer until its flush/flat again. you may have to use a chisel type of thing but there's higher risk that the edge will crack completely. once its flush just epoxy over the side if there is any gaps to prevent water from getting in and p-tex over the incision.