Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 152 Stairmaster demo review
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 03:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
twin89
Veteran Member

Default 152 Stairmaster demo review

Ok so after all this consideration about different park boards i was on my way up to the mtn. this past sunday and decided to drop by a shop to see if they had ne boards for demoing, and just my luck, they had the stairmaster for demo. ne ways they didn't have the 148 i wanted to try but they had the 152 which was pretty close i guess. So i decided to demo it for like ten dollars (seemed cheep) and i headed out for the mtn, and got there, i was first chair, which was awesome, and im at snow summit and so the first few runs are always icy until the sun melts it all and the board was a champ at ice, didn't chatter or feel squirly. the first fun i did it felt a little odd and unstable, and so i was really bummed out, but second run down a blue then black then blue, it felt WAY better, i think i just had to get used to the board, and by then i could bomb the runs, i had alot of confidence in the board for speed even though it is billed as a park board.

Later, once they opened up the park i started to hit some boxes and jumps, and this board really excels in the park. this board is really like a feather, even though it did not have as much pop compared to my agent i could ollie higher just because it was that much lighter. You know when your on a long lift and you feel like your board is tugging at your foot and kinda gets uncomfortable? this board is so light i didn't feel the need to support the board with my free foot...

It feels really stable on jumps and boxes (started to land my first board slides, as well as some flat ground 180s and some 180s off the quarter pipe) I progressed a lot in one day, just cause the board seemed to give me more confidence, i also hit my first full rail, before i just slide off like half way.

By the end of the day i had a lot of fun on the board and i think ima try and pick up a 148 if i can. I took a look at the base before i rode it and looked poorly waxed, however i still didn't notice a difference in speed from my 156 Agent (sintered, that i wax like every time) The base also seemed to take less scratches and gouges compared to my agent which i thought was odd cause extruded is supposed to be softer but it could just be luck, duno really.

Flex: nice and smooth, i would rate as a little softer than agent but deff not a noddle.
pop: not as much as my agent, but the agent is like a $500 board compared to $300 or so new but this is offset due to the fact that the stairmaster is that much lighter
carving: noticed no problems holding a carve on groomers

6 foot
135-140 lbs
10.5 burton freestyle boot
Large Ride Rx bindings
152 capita stairmaster 08-09

current board is a 156 Agent 07-08

one final note, i found that if i over shot a landing on the stairmaster i deff could feel the shock of the impact more than on my agent, but it could be just that it is a smaller board, but the agent does have impact plates which i thought before were just a gimmeck, but now i may think they actually do something, cause when i have bad landings on my agent, i don't even feel them.
twin89 is offline   Reply With Quote