Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ride Wild Life vs Burton Custom Flying V vs K2 Raygun?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 06:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
diver1183

Default Ride Wild Life vs Burton Custom Flying V vs K2 Raygun?

I need some help picking a new board! I've been riding the same 153cm Morrow board since 1996, and it still works fine for me somehow, but I'm finally ready to upgrade. Based on most measures that board is now way too short for me. I am now 6'0", 175-180lbs, with a size 11.5-12.0 shoe. I'm high-intermediate rider interested in mostly all-mountain freeriding, and never hit the park. I need a board that can handle east coast icy groomers and keep a good edge at speed, but that is also fun in the powder when I can make it out west.

I'm leaning towards a Ride Wild Life (wide) - does that sound like a good choice based on my riding preferences? Searching around for similar intermediate all-mountain/freeride type boards, I've also found the Burton Custom Flying V, the K2 Raygun (or perhaps the K2 Turbo Dream), or potentially the Lib Tech Skate Banana. I was also looking at the Ride Berzerker, but it sounded a bit aggressive - I'm not sure how my carving ability ranks, via what the Berzerker requires.

Any input or suggestions would be awesome!
diver1183 is offline   Reply With Quote