Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board recommendations
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
FadedEchos

Default Board recommendations

Awesome forum! So many interesting equipment topics to look through now that I'm in the market for a new board-

Anyways:

22 winters
6'2"
176 lbs
Size 13 feet

Been riding a 160 k2 fuse wide from either 04 or 05 until now, so if you can't tell yet I'm not a hardcore snowboarder. I do love the chances I get though, and now that I've been hitting more jumps, rails, and trying more interesting things than simply riding around I want to replace my somewhat beat up board with something smaller and more suitable for tricks.

In other words, I'm looking for an all-mountain/freestyle board that'll be fun to carve and experiment on, good for popping off decent sized jumps in the park or along the runs, and at least capable of hitting rails. A true twin would be best, as I've been randomly attempting to ride switch and would love any help I could get. No back country experience here, so no worries on that end.

Not sure how much I've been pulled in by their various marketing scams, but so far I've been interested in the Rome Riff and Libtech's banana boards. Read Gnarly's Bataleon riot review, and it sounds pretty cool as well.

Are there other boards I should be looking at? Any particular one that you think would be awesome for me? As for cost, I'd rather spend a lot on an awesome board and love it than spend a little and have to fight it while I'm riding.

If you know of a great pair of bindings to go with it, that would be helpful too~

Thanks!