Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help me choose a Bataleon (Not snowboardin2137!)
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 01:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
earlvb

Default Help me choose a Bataleon (Not snowboardin2137!)

Hi, I'm curious about TBT and I'm thinking about picking up a board to try it out. I'm 5'4" and 160 lbs. I mainly freeride with very little park. (I wouldn't mind hitting it more, but my riding buddies are afraid, so I don't think it's going to increase much.) That said, I do like to play on the natural features and jumps we come across. I have a couple boards with mid flex that are 155s. This time I'd like something a little more playful.

I was thinking about the Riot 151. I figure the stiffness should be good for speed, but since it's shorter it will be easier to throw around and butter (or will it still be too stiff to butter?).

The Goliath 153 sounds almost perfect, being a little shorter and softer than what I'm riding now, but I think it might not be enough of a change.

A local shop has a 157 Fun Kink. I know the flex would be real soft and playful, but would the longer length help enough with speed? I know I won't be able to throw it around as well. It seems like it would be the worst combo of characteristics?

Would the Evil Twin be a better choice than the Riot since it's a little softer? Should I go for a 151, or would the 155 be an option. Thanks for your thoughts, and I'm not a shill for snowboardin2137