Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Feedback on bindings + tuning edges
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
poenanie

Default Feedback on bindings + tuning edges

Hi,

I recently bought a completely new setup and yesterday went to get my boots.
This is what i've got :

Forum Destroyer 156
Ride Beta Large
Burton The Shaun Size 11

Now those ride beta bindings are supposed to support size 9 to 11 ( and they actually do support my boots .. ) but I've read somewhere that your anklestrap should be centered around your boot wich isn't the case for me. Would this be an issue ?

I've taken a picture to illustrate what I mean :

As you can see, the anklestrap is not centered around the boot, the bindings are set to the largest setting ( wich should support size 11 boots without any problems according to their website ).

Furthermore I'd like to ask something about my edges. This is the first completely new setup I've bought and I'll probably use it for my first rails, would it be necessary to tune the edges on a Forum Destroyer to prevent the board from cutting into the rail ? If so, how would I best go around this ( preferably without buying any expensive fileguides or anything ... ) ?

Another small question : What temp do you guys use on your iron to wax your board ? ( I've got a normal iron without holes in it and my mum doesn't need it anymore .. )

Many thx in advance !

Some more show-off pictures ( I'm so proud haha ^^ ) :

poenanie is offline   Reply With Quote