Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Feedback on bindings + tuning edges
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
poenanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
Ifyou tighten the strap enough and ride long enough you will likely develop pressure pts. When the strap is proper fitting it should distribute pressure almost evenly. In the first pic the strap is misaligned to the right of the center. Now imagine you tightening the strap. Most of the pressure will be at that point as the strap is being pulled to the left and down. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Allright I understand what you mean.

Now I've been googling a bit about this and found 2 things :

I found a picture from someone who was using a ride beta binding from last year and it also looked as if it was set up the same way as mine :
Picasa Web Albums - Conan - Snow Gear ( notice how the anklestrap is also off-center )

And I found a thread on the burton forums where people are stating that on this year's ride beta bindings you can go up to a size 11.5 boot in 9-11 size beta's :
Burton Snowboards Community - REVIEW: Ride Beta ULs

Now I know these are just "internet-sources", but could it perhaps be that these bindings are supposed to be set up this way or something ? Does anyone here perhaps have any experience with them .. ?
poenanie is offline   Reply With Quote