Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Go West young man...
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
nnkaceryan

Default Go West young man...

Ok I have been riding for 6 years, all of which has been spent on the east coast (Wintergreen and Snowshoe).

I have been told numerous times to go west.

I consider myself intermediate and am looking for wide open spaces and being from the east coast I haven't been in more than 6-10" of powder so back country riding is still a foreign concept.

I have a group of 3 friends that would like to make our first trip out west next season but from what I have found it appears that it will cost us a fortune. I don't mind spending the $ to get there but would like to get the most bang for our buck.

For a group of first timers where should we head? I am open to any and all ideas and not married to the idea of going to anywhere in particular. As far as terrain we are more into the long, groomed, open trails with an option to take a few runs at some powder than free riding in deep powder (at least until we try it once then I'm sure we will become addicts.)

I appreciate any ideas or advice and am still searching through threads on this forum for more information as well.
nnkaceryan is offline   Reply With Quote