Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I got called:Derogatory Snowboarder !!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

Default I got called:Derogatory Snowboarder !!!!!

I was at the hill today with a buddy (fellow forum member) and a dad with a 6-8 yr old daughter called us "you snowboarders !!!!!"

Condition: This particular lift feed 2 runs one on each side of the lift. He and I rode down and saw the long line then proceed around to enter from the hill that feeds the opposite side of the lift.
This father then says we need to go to the end of the line. I was willing to go but my buddy wasn't so we stayed. Got into a small jabbing back and forth. No raised voices or language was used by either of us.

Yes we were in the wrong but. The lift does feed 2 hills if you come from the other side no reason to ride to the end of the line. The lefties had no gates or line forming equipment up to help with line control. In my 4 years of riding at this resort this is common practice for all groups of ppl.

I was just set back that I, this dad, not hiding behind goggles, older than this guy got called out in a derogatory way as a snowboarder. I now truly know what some of you all must have gone through back in the day or still currently.

I so wanted to say "yo broh, chill all is smooth, relax and smoke a bowl" sorry I really don't know the lingo but you get my point