Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Blown away! Bluetooth in-helmet speakers.
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

Default Blown away! Bluetooth in-helmet speakers.

Just got these during our trip to Loon/Cannon NH. Outdoor Tech "Chips" wireless speakers for helmets. The best music solution I've found. They claim to be universal, and sure enough they fit my old helmet perfectly, replacing the old Giro wired speakers without any adapters. Pair them up to your iPhone or other Bluetooth device and they work by tapping on helmet's earpiece. I love it...tap twice on your left earpiece to increase volume, tap once to decrease volume. Press the left earpiece for a two or three seconds to skip forward or backward. Wicked easy to do even when riding, no fumbling for the wired control or pulling out the headphone jack.

But it gets better...on the right earpiece, press once to turn the headset on. Easy enough. Once it's on, press once again to pause. If you get a phone call, press once to answer...there is a built-in mic which we tested out on-mountain and it works perfectly. It's makes it really easy to stay in touch with friends while riding.

BTW, I am not in any way affiliated with Outdoor Tech. This isn't any kind of spam...I am just posting a happy review of an impressive product. I discovered these gems while buying my wife a new helmet this weekend. She liked my old wired Giro helmut phones, but I suggested she go Bluetooth if she's starting from scratch. We were so blown away we bought a set for me, too. And the sound is AMAZING. These may actually be capable of being too loud, but god do they sound good! They have a big 40mm driver, which is about 4x larger than most Giro headsets. That means good, deep sound. And all you have to do to is tap your earpiece to operate them. Brilliant.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote