Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Does your stance width correspond to this chart?

24K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  TyBardy 
#1 ·

So just trying to get the stance width down for my set-up. According to this chart, as well as the other measuring methods (slightly wider than shoulder width, and measuring knee to heel), I should be around 20" which is the narrowest setting on my board. However, I seem to feel more comfortable (at least on the carpet at home) at the ref width of 21.7".

Do you guys find this chart accurate to your experience?

My set-up:
5'7"
155 lbs
Rossignol Templar 155cm
K2 Formula bindings
K2 Raider boots

See less See more
#2 ·
That has got to be some stupid old chart. Ride what feels good to you. The purpose of your stance width is to accommodate how your body moves and flexes.

#7 ·
This is about the only thing I miss from DH longboarding when switching to snowboarding. The ability to instantly move your stance around when the situations suits it.

I'm 5'7 and I find the wider I go (22" or more), the better my ollies and stability but the more wrecked my legs and knees feel by the EOD - In particular my inner thigh & hip muscles and my rear knee. I'll need to few days to recover. Otherwise I stick to riding 20" (innermost inserts) just like that chart says if I plan to ride more than one day in a row on a given weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.