Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Ride kink on the mountain

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Catman 
#1 ·
Whats the worst thing about a soft park board while free riding?My son has a Ride Kink and he just broke it in and now we are going to do some BC type riding.I'm wondering if we should bring a different board.:dunno:

#5 ·
The reason I was asking the question in the first place is because we will be traveling about 1500 miles to do this and we have to pack lite.So I was asking for useful information so that I could make an informed decision. We could also pack a rollup sled too and that would slide but that would not be much fun now would it legallyillegal:rolleyes:

#9 ·
The kink has less edge angle because it is a park board. Snowolf was saying you never know what you will run into so it's best to be prepared.

I was just wondering with what we already owned what would be the best one to take.

We don't have much BC under our belt so any advice is welcome.

#10 ·
i have never heard the term "less edge angle" before, well not used that way. when you tune boards you can put more edge angle on the edge if you want, but its not a quality associated with length of the edge
in general, the longer board will be better if the snow is deep, and you want to be able to have at least one more inch of nose than tail to help keep the nose up. if you guys don't have much experience in powder than almost none of this will matter anywayt, you'll be crashing left and right no matter what equipment you will be on, it takes a little while to figure out how to ride pow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.