Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Petite female - recommendations for intermediate/advanced board
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
bwb18

Default Petite female - recommendations for intermediate/advanced board

I'm looking to buy my first snowboard, and was wondering if I could get any board recommendations. I'm petite but athletic, with really strong legs from weight lifting.

Stats
Height: 4'11"
Weight: 106 lbs
Boots: 5

I'm an intermediate rider, and am good with turning, but am not quite comfortable going that fast yet. Trying to improve on my control as I increase in speed. I want a board I can grow into, where I can eventually really pick up speed and improve my skills on. Looking for a go anywhere, do anything board that I can feel stable and comfortable going faster with as I progress.

Currently living on the east coast, so boarding in ice, but moving to the west coast soon, and planning on boarding in Tahoe/Colorado. Will spend most of my time on groomed trails, and no plans of going in the park.

Currently looking at boards in the 136-140 range, but open to larger if you think I could handle it.

Looking at:
1. Burton Lyric 139
2. Burton Feelgood Flying V 140
3. Burton Feelgood Smalls 140 (Girls snowboard - good idea/bad idea?)
4. Never Summer Onyx 140 - I know this is a freestyle board, but can I get away with for what I want to do?
5. Never Summer Infinity 142 - would this be too big?
6. Burton Clash 139
7. Burton Protest 136 or 142 - (Boys board - good idea/bad idea?)

Any advice or suggestions appreciated - thanks in advance!!
bwb18 is offline   Reply With Quote