Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Detuning Magetraction questions
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
snowman55

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZRide View Post
Hey there,

Just purchased my wife a new Lib tech TRS and read a few comments about some finding the magnetraction a bit too much, out of the box.
Just a quick background, she is coming from an aggressive camber board so not needing or looking for catchfree so thats not the goal, just want it to be rideable (which maybe it is out of the box compared to aggressive camber board? idk?) I don't expect to need to blunt the heck out of it, I guess is what I'm saying.
I see Libtech sell tuning tool but very little around on info I could find. Have people with magnetraction baords mostly found the need to detune from factory, and if so, how did you do it?, just blunting tip and tails with regular file or getting edge bevel of a couple of degrees off the base say? taken to store? or can you do this with their tuning tool yourself (set bevel angles that is or does it just give a straight 90 degree?).
Just wondering what type of de-tuning you did and what felt good to many people (obviously understand everyone has different preferences), but if a I get a few saying the same thing will give me a good starting point.
Any info would be great.

thanks,

I have a TRS and I put a 1 degree base and 1 degree side bevel on mine. I was told by Lib that the new boards come with 0 degree for both base and side from the factory. I then rode it and found it little catchy at times so I just took a diamond stone (blue) and lightly went over the mag bumps few times and made it a smoother ride.

Have her ride it first before detuning it. She may like it as is. Depending on the type of riding she does and conditions she rides in, you may not need to do anything.

You don't really need to get the special file. I just used the one I got from RaceWax that I've been using on non Mag boards and it worked fine.

Last edited by snowman55; 02-18-2014 at 06:07 PM.
snowman55 is offline   Reply With Quote