Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Jones Aviator vs. Lib Tech Travis Rice Pro
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Abandon Gaia

Default Jones Aviator vs. Lib Tech Travis Rice Pro

hey everyone, I'm about to ordering a new board and testing is almost impossible here in Germany. Maybe you could help me out a little.

I'm a snowboard instructor and go splitboarding in my spare time. Had a Lib Tech Darker Series (and a Burton Custom X) for work and charging the groomers and I have my 2nd Jones Solution as a split by now and a Hovercraft for the deeper days.

My Lib Tech was stolen, so I need a new board for work. Since I've had only positive experiences with these brands, I have narrowed down my search to the following two boards, since they are still available in my size and pretty cheap at the moment:

- Lib Tech Travis Rice Pro
- Jones Aviator

my main criteria are: edge hold (locked-in feeling), stability (at higher speeds and landing bigger jumps), "euro-carving" ability, float in powder

I know, testing the board myself is always better, but there is no rental shop that has them and I need a new board for work next week.

hope you guys could help me out! thanks in advance!!!
Abandon Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote