Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Please help me pick out my first setup!
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 12:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Th3

Default Please help me pick out my first setup!

What's up everyone. I'm a male beginner - intermediate rider who is sick of renting . I am 5"7 170 shoe size 10 and I like to go fast every now and then, and carve, but I also love jumping and want to play around with learning buttering and jibbing. I'll mostly be working on East coast groomed stuff. I imagine I will hit the slopes anywhere from 3 to 10 days per year, depending on job/etc.

Ad for boots, I already stopped by a local snowboard shop and everything felt more or less comfortable so I don't really know how to choose.

Then about board and bindings, I like the Burton Process 157 with Mission EST but wondering if that's going all out for no good reason and whether I would even notice all the tech that's in them at this point, and whether I'd be better served hanging on to the cash and going cheaper. I am a very quick learner and athletic so I expect I will advance quicker than usual for someone who only rides a few times per year.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks!
Th3 is offline   Reply With Quote