Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Apex resort, near Penticton, B.C

792 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  awurban 
#1 ·
I made it up there a few times this year. I went up for a day trip and then came back to spend a couple of nights. I was really impressed with this smaller non commercial resort. It had a laid back feeling and awesome campaign powder. The village was small but nice with everything you need and the accommodations were cheap. I went during the week both times and didn't wait in a lift line once. I would really suggest giving this place a try if your going to be in the area or just make a trip out of it APEX Mountain Resort Advanced Ski And Snowboard Terrain - Welcome I stayed in the Hostel in a private room and I believe it was 65$ a night. One of the things I really liked about this resort was the terrain they have really steep steeps. After spending more then a few days there black diamonds at other places seem like a joke. I think if the same people that did the rating at Apex went to Mt baker.. mt baker would have a lot more blue runs lol The terrain had lots of different features to play with and when it does snow there its perfect. Pay attention to the weather reports and try to get up there on a day you know they will have the fresh stuff. This mountain has stuff for everyone Double blacks, cliffs, glades, and perfect cruiser runs for just relaxing and throwing powder.

The tip I have for you is try to look far ahead of you when you do go or ask someone which runs have moguls, because there are some that have them and they are not marked. I was not a big mogul fan but I was forced to ride a couple of the runs and I have to admit I can ride the shit out of them now :p

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.