Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stick for my Guy
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Portside79

Default Stick for my Guy

I finally managed to get out on a hill and got my guy to join me and he's been loving it. If there's snow next year, think we could certainly be hitting the slopes quite often. I'd like to pick up a board for him.

He's been taking lessons all season on those Burton LTR boards, 155cm.

He rides normal, front foot at 9, back foot at 3.
Likes to feel in control and is not a speed demon (yet).
He's 6'1", 177lbs.
Wears a size 12 boot.

This is where I'm getting stuck. I know that if he wore a 13 he would most definitely need a wide board, 11 would more than likely be a regular board. Also, of possible note and consideration, his left foot is a bit weaker from his right.

Think he'd be good with a board somewhere between a beginner and intermediate. Would really like to find something for him that he could easily have fun with and has some room to grow. I'd rather not get halfway through the season next year and start looking at a new board (not that I have any experience with that) as his skills/confidence increase.

We're on the east coast, so generally there's much more ice and slush, but this season has been phenomenal (for the east coast).

Any thoughts/recs would be greatly appreciated.

peace.
Portside79 is offline   Reply With Quote