Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Pack out, or did I bone myself with sizing?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fluidworks

Default Pack out, or did I bone myself with sizing?

Last December I ordered a pair of Salomon Synapse boots in 10 from Evo. I normally wear 10.5 shoes, but figured at least a half size down. They arrived, and felt very right, but not too small, I figured they would pack down and I forgot about it. Fast forward, it's been a few months and horrible SoCal conditions kept me off the slopes. Finally last weekend I went riding for two days and wore the boots.

Day one: rode 5ish hours, by the walk back to the car I had an absolutely miserable sharp pain on the pinky toe area of my right foot. (I'm goofy). I don't know how much was relate to the board I was riding. It had a cheap pair of burton binding that can be used toe cap style or over the top, they were setup up toe cap style, though the buckle was right in the painful area.

Day two- rode 5 hours, pain still there but not quite as bad.

Did I choose wrong? I'm thinking now since I have wide feet I should have at least gotten the wide version. However since I've worn them there's not way I'm getting a refund or exchange. Should I just hope they'll widen a bit as I ride them more? And would heating the liners help? I didn't bother hair drying them before.
Fluidworks is offline   Reply With Quote