Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Considering size for Jones Flagship
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
binarypie
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprockett View Post
I'm 5'10" and 165lbs size 9 boots.

Last year, I had a Nidecker Ultralight 163 I it worked well for me in everything. I think with the camrock profile it definitely rode small...it was also not very stiff.

This year I've only been on a Rossignol XV Magtek 163. Has a similar hybrid camber profile and effective edge but is a lot stiffer and I remember at the beginning of the season thinking it wasn't as nimble in the trees as I would have liked. After 25 days on it, I don't really think about that anymore and I'm still liking to board in general.

I'm considering a Flagship (Carbon in particular) but am debating on size between the 161 and 164. In the end, I must admit that I spend most of time at my resort (Fernie, BC) so am thinking the 161 is the safe way to go for riding trees and bumps. But then I start thinking the extra edge would be nice for carving and do even better on cat trips or deep days.

Can't get demos on a board like this (around here anyways) so for the cost, its a bit of a gamble and I thought I'd check here to see if anyone had first hand experience. Maybe even comparing to other boards? I've demo'd a BSOD recently and could compare to that as well.

Thanks

I'm 5'9" and 150lbs. 9.5 boot.

I've owned the Carbon Flagship 161 last year and this year I sized down to the 158. I prefer the 158 over the 161 in every single way.

I was worried about losing float and the like. However, I didn't have that problem. At your weight I'd go with the 161.
In Vermont authenticity is all, they do not try to keep it real, they are real.
binarypie is offline   Reply With Quote