Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Juice Wagon
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 07:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
ridinbend
Veteran Member

Default Burton Juice Wagon

First review, hopefully it helps someone along the way. I recently damaged my Salomon Sick Stick beyond repair and went on the hunt for a quick pow board replacement. I decided to go out on a limb and got the 163 Burton Juice Wagon. I knew they would not be the same boards as the ss was flat to rocker and the jw is full camber. I was a little apprehensive to go back to camber for a go to pow board, but enough reviews said I wouldn't be disappointed.

163 Burton Juice Wagon
Large NOW drive with hardest bushings
11.5 Salomon Malamutes
6'0 215lb

Conditions were a blustery chopped pow day as the day prior was fresh and not a lot of snow had filled in. So it was pow/packed pow/chopped pow with plenty of fresh spots. Mt. Bachelor also has many natural features to hit, slash, plow over, and boost off of, which I intend to do all of with this board.

My overall impression was thoroughly pleased. So as I stated before it wasn't the surfy replacement board but it was delightfully responsive in the trees and just ate the pow. The nose drives right through the fresh stuff and had no problem keeping float in the deep sections as it's a massive shovel pow nose. On the chandler chopped pow it just blows right over everything without bumping around. I loved the benefits from the camber in the board. Out on the open runs it just wanted to go. However I never felt like it was controlling me. I think the combination of the NOW bindings and the channel made for a very confident ride. In tight spots I still felt like it was right with me the whole time and never had any catchy moments. It's been a while since I had ridden camber but it's a great addition to the quiver.
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote