Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Ride Machete comparison?

6K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Zolemite 
#1 ·
Howdy folks...

So I've discovered the Ride Machete and want to hear what you guys have to say about it. From what I'm reading from reviews, it seems as though this deck can handle anything...as an east coast rider (and middle/high school snowboard coach) I need something that can take anything, from crusty pre-season to icy groomers to park (tables, pipe, rails) and the occasional soft (maybe powder) day.

I need something that can handle some speed as well as hold an edge. About 60% of my riding is in the park as well and I need something that can handle large booters and rails.

I've been riding a Rome Agent 157 the past two years and its time for something new. I am doing a bit of shopping around, so if you have any recommendations for me and my kind of riding, feel free to speak up. I'm 5'10", 170 pounds.

Thanks!

#3 ·
The Machete is fairly stiff and classified as mainly all mountain. If the majority of your riding is in the park you might want something a little more flexible but still with good pop that can handle speed and hold an edge. NS Evo or Proto maybe...mind you that's not to say the machete wouldn't work. Gets a good rep for everything. Depends on what you prefer flex-wise. It's definitely on the stiffer side of the scale.

#5 ·
The Ride Buck Wild sounds better suited to your needs:

Ride Buck Wild Snowboard 2012

The Machete is a stiff board regardless of what Ride rates it on the Flex meter. The Buck Wild is more playful, but the sacrifice is stability on steeper/faster terrain. It's not super unstable though so you can probably work around that.

But then again, the Agent isn't exactly a soft board either so you might transition nicely to a Machete haha. Machete is stiffer than Agent all around. Agent is a bit stiffer than the Buck Wild. Buck Wild has the most torsional give out of the three.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.