Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking to get into Boardercross
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 03:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
burtonboardr

Default Looking to get into Boardercross

The past few years I have been entering the USASA Boardercross races near me, and I really enjoy BX but I am not very good at it having no experience other than a few races I joined just for fun. I noticed a lot of people there had coaches or were part of a team. I figured if I wanted to get into BX and improve at it, I would really need to find a coach, and maybe need to buy some new gear. I was just wondering if there are coaches around that could help me, or if I would have to join some kind of team, and if so how much it would cost for a coach / how often would we need to meet to practice. Also I currently have a rocker board that I just use as an all-mountain board (but I assume that is not a great board to use in BX) and was wondering if it would be necessary for me to buy a new board. My concern is that I won't have the time or money required for coaching and/or buying new equipment. Could anyone give me a general guess as to how much coaching would cost (like personal coaching or however it works), and how often we would need to meet (twice a week for example)?
burtonboardr is offline   Reply With Quote