Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Quick Review: Kessler The Ride 158cm
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 08:29 AM   #24 (permalink)
lepont

Default kessler the ride 176

This is my point of view of my Kessler ride 176 that I bought for 2 month ago.
I have been ride it for 6 days in isy and slashy conditions and I whey 220 lbs and 182cm long. Riding for 25 years on only camber boards (burton brushe, Ride freestyle, K2 eldorado 168, salomon regulate wide 168, burton supermodel 168, salomon magnum.

And I agree with lott of tings above her is my thoughts

On ice:
Like he said best grip I have seen but you need to reeshape the edges after 2 days.. thats the down side if you want to continue to have that grip.

Stiffness/dampnes.
I agree its a mid stiff board and I feel its to soft for me I cant ride as fast as my stiffest board salomon regulate 168, sounds maybe strange but if you go rely fast and hitt a mogul/bump the nose will bend and throw you upp in the air 30-50 cm and that make you feel a little bit out of control and that didn't happened with the salomon regulate board it just swallowed it and hold the grip. I think maybe Im to heavy for this board even if the board spec say 90-110 kg and I am 110kg.

Turning/KST
rely good turning and it turn in the fall line if you carv right. easy to get a low carv angle (euro carving) hard bot style. And the board feels like it 10 cm shorter then it is. hubred rocker feels better on slashy worm snow and powder then on ice. I prefer a regular camber on ice but I love the tiunal alu construction that helps the edge hold. I never had a problems to ride flat with my old salomon bord because i know where my edges are all the time but with the kessler I cant feel the nose and the tail edges because they are 3 mm above the snow.. Mybe it easier for a beginner to ride flat with this board but for me it feels weird and I started to catch edges in the middle of the board just infront of may back foot.

After 2 year research I thought this bord was the shit for me but I dont know today. Maybe a custom made board from kessler is the solution. Or what do you guys think?
lepont is offline   Reply With Quote