Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Big Air jump... ;)

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  andrewdod 
#1 ·
We have a festival at my local slope that is normally a ski event, i know, skiing is for wimps...!!!

However this year they are running a 2 part festival, and one part of it is called INCITY

For this, the event is Ski and Snowboard, and they have built a jump in the town... On a bridge... Across a river...

Obviously, this is not jumping across a river, but on a bridge on the river, but it is really cool... And i thought pretty unique... ;)

So i have a couple of pics and a video to see what people think, the event goes down tomorrow, so will post other videos as they become available... ;)

See less See more
1 2
#3 ·
It is pretty crazy, the town has a population of 25,000 and that is actually a main road...! As in from one side of the town to the other across the bridge...!!!

There is of course another bridge, but all buses etc diverted for the week while they built this... And funded by the town as well...!!!

It is pretty awesome i think...

#5 ·
If only... They have another bridge for traffic, and you can actually walk under the jump on the footpaths still... Very well organised that is for sure...

#6 ·
Videos have started turning up from yesterdays event, will post more for people to look at if they want as they become available...

#9 ·
It's in Kongsberg, a small town in Norway...

I have a family season pass for the slope there, not a huge place, small is how i would describe it personally, but very park orientated, and they have awesome teaching facilities by way of clubs...

Not sure so much about the ski side of it, but the snowboard club had 2 at the Sochi Olympics...!!! An injury for the girl in Slopestyle, and a 5th in SBX for the guy...

#10 ·
An image of Kongsberg from Saturday with the whole town including the ski jump and some of the ski slope... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.