Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Skateboarding!
Thread: Skateboarding!
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 11:09 PM   #75 (permalink)
bakesale

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDSkata View Post
Thanks bro, I got it today after 10 or so trys. I probably land and ride away 1/5 right now, but I'm sure it'll get better. I don't know if you had this problem, but I keep kicking my front foot to far forward. Though I can land it like that, I look goofy as can be riding with one foot on the tail, other on the nose. It just a phase?
no my problem was fear because the first dozen or so ollies i tried I would land off balance and fall of the board. So I had to shake the habit of wanting to kick the board completely away from me or wanting to put my feet on the ground. It took me a few weeks to get it on flatground and nearly a year to get it properly while trying to ollie up a step. Is it a phase? Yes, the thing about skating is it takes a very long time to learn a trick, especially ollies but because they are so fundamental its really something that has to be practiced to death. Eventually you will figure out what works and what doesn't.

I said it earlier in the thread but I think skating is far more challenging than riding. It took me one day to commit and learn to do boardslides on a snowboard, three times out and I had them locked down, never fail. It's taken me years to get my boardslide on a skate down pat where I can land it 80% of the time.
bakesale is offline   Reply With Quote