Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need Advice About Argentina Trip
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 08:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
talman3eb

i went to cerro catedral in san carlos de bariloche in patagonia last august. it was awesome! flew down to buenos aires from nyc, stayed there a couple of nights, then flew LAN airlines from buenos aires to bariloche. did all the bookings myself, didnt go with a package. the advantage i think that bariloche has over las lenas is that there is a pretty decent nightlife scene happening in town, if thats your thing of course. while in bariloche i stayed at the llao llao (outside city proper) which pretty much took care of everything (they had their own private lodge on the mountain that hooked you up with lift tickets, bfast, lunch, apres drinks and transport to and from the mountain - it was about 20 min away from the hotel), but it was very very pricey.

i was researching a possible trip to chile and i hear it might be more convenient to go there since theres a couple of resorts within an hour of santiago and there are direct flights to santiago. you could even possibly stay in the city and just commute to the mountain in the morning (unless road conditions are bad - very poss).
talman3eb is offline   Reply With Quote