Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How to learn snowboarding with limited facilities
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
sturn

Default How to learn snowboarding with limited facilities

I snowboard once a year for a week with co-workers. It's been my second year now, so I've had 10 days of practice since I first stepped on a board. My co-workers have up to 20 years of snowboarding experience and go 4 times a year. They are focused on speed and try to go as fast as possible. I am struggling to handle steep slopes. When I ride with them, I can barely handle a blue slope without constantly side-slipping. My co-workers take me to double black diamond slopes with a lot of steeps, ice and powder. They tell me it's easy and that I'm just making a big deal out of nothing. So far, every day on those steep black slopes gave me a lot of injuries, face-plants and a mild concussion on the 3rd day. My co-workers refuse to ride with me on green slopes and pressure me to go to double black diamond slopes, but they laugh at me and shake their heads every time I fall and injure myself on these kind of slopes.

I don't have friends that are willing to learn to snowboard, but I am still interested to continue learning. I am considering to get in-door snowboarding lessons, but I think it's too limited. I can only board one week a year, so I can't practice that much.

What can I do? Any help appreciated.

Last edited by sturn; 02-22-2014 at 05:00 PM.
sturn is offline   Reply With Quote