Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Icebreaker base/Care & Feeding?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Default Icebreaker base/Care & Feeding?

I know I have read that many members here wear the Icebreaker 100% Merino base layers. I just recently purchased the 260 mid weight tops & bottoms and had a question about washing/cleaning them.

The label says to machine wash in warm, (...hang to dry, NO Dryer obviously!) but I have also read here that the Merino products can be quite fragile. I've had some Merino blend base layers before. The Duofold type. They are only about 15-20% merino and I wash and dry them with all my other clothes with no problems other than slight shrinkage.

Am I likely to F' these up, or shorten their usable life by machine as opposed to hand washing? These are Really Great base layers and they were also quite expensive, (...even @ 20% off.) So I do not want to mess them up first time I wash them. Also, any problems using plain ol' liquid laundry detergent?

The salesperson told me they hand wash their's, but I'm thinking that might just be little too unnecessarily AR, especially if the label says they can be machine washed. So basically I'm looking for feedback from others who own these or similar!

Thanks!
(BTW, Daytime highs for my vacation next week forecast to be LOW single digits,.. b4 windchill!! So definitely gonna need these in good working order!)

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote