Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Soooooo...............
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 01:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Smile Soooooo...............

So heres the thing, I wanted to get an good all mountain board for next season but im unsure of what size to get. @ 6'0 165lbs I started with a 5150 155, and picked up a 156 scaremaster to play around with/butter towards the end of last season, hoping to progress in park next season.
I was told that i couldve got the Scare in a 152(mainly for park), but went with the 156 since i figured I'd be hitting greens/blue with it as well(which it handled pretty well). Lookin at the charts of the different All Mountain boards i had in mind it looks like i need about a 159 160?

At this stage of the game stock is low. The spots with the good deals are either short on sz.(156/157) or out of stock and the retailers that do have the boards I want aint really choppin much off the prices.(lookin to spend 200-300).

So i guess the question is:
How critical is it to go larger for an all moutain board? when do you really benefit ie. powder vs groom, jumps, etc?

Whats the disadvantage of gettin a 156/7 as oppose to a 159/60?

Out of the following boards which would you choose?

With buttering and Pop in mind here are my picks:

Rome Agent
Rome Anthem
Bataleon airobic, goliath, evil twin(not sure which one i reallt want, just read alot of good reviews on them)
Capita FCG
Any other comparable boards?

Eastcoast, looking to step out west once or twice next season

As always thanks in advance
Cool Beans
nodaysoff is offline   Reply With Quote