Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Soooooo...............
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 12:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
nodaysoff

Smile Soooooo...............

So heres the thing, I wanted to get an good all mountain board for next season but im unsure of what size to get. @ 6'0 165lbs I started with a 5150 155, and picked up a 156 scaremaster to play around with/butter towards the end of last season, hoping to progress in park next season.
I was told that i couldve got the Scare in a 152(mainly for park), but went with the 156 since i figured I'd be hitting greens/blue with it as well(which it handled pretty well). Lookin at the charts of the different All Mountain boards i had in mind it looks like i need about a 159 160?

At this stage of the game stock is low. The spots with the good deals are either short on sz.(156/157) or out of stock and the retailers that do have the boards I want aint really choppin much off the prices.(lookin to spend 200-300).

So i guess the question is:
How critical is it to go larger for an all moutain board? when do you really benefit ie. powder vs groom, jumps, etc?

Whats the disadvantage of gettin a 156/7 as oppose to a 159/60?

Out of the following boards which would you choose?

With buttering and Pop in mind here are my picks:

Rome Agent
Rome Anthem
Bataleon airobic, goliath, evil twin(not sure which one i reallt want, just read alot of good reviews on them)
Capita FCG
Any other comparable boards?

info:165lbs
6'0
Eastcoast, looking to step out west once or twice next season

As always thanks in advance