Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Old guy looking for a new board...
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
shreddog

Default Old guy looking for a new board...

The last time i bought a snowboard was probably 12+ years ago. After a 5 year hiatus, I have started to ride again a couple of times a season. I live in NE and end up at Stratton, Killington, Okemo, etc. I currently have a Burton Rippey 158.5.

Given the majority of my riding is in the icy northeast, which board is best for getting down the mountain with the least amount of drama? As I'm a lot older now, I do not bounce back from falls as quickly as I would like.

Technology has changed so much since my last board that I am getting confused with all the new jargon and options. I do not go to the park, do not go into the trees and do not even do any jumps. Just looking to update my gear as the edges are pretty well rusted out and I really had a had time carving a couple of weeks ago.

I am partial to Burton (brand loyalty can be a good or bad thing I guess) and went to the Burton store where the salesperson recommended the Process, the Nug and said if I were to get a "Flying V" Board to get the Antler. Trying to read up on these different boards, but can't seem to find anybody who has ridden them on the east coast. Any east coast riders out there who have tried any of these boards? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks. First time on this board...feeling like the old man of the group.

Last edited by shreddog; 02-24-2014 at 08:43 AM.
shreddog is offline   Reply With Quote