Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking to complement my Root
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Handbanana

Default Looking to complement my Root

I've been riding last years Root 152 as my DD, and I love it when there's been recent snow. But I feel like there's probably something better when conditions are less than ideal - ice and spring like conditions seem to be weak areas for me on this board. So I'm hoping someone has some insight on what to look at to complement the Root in my quiver.

About me:
I weigh 180lbs, wear a size 9 boot. I guess I consider myself an advanced intermediate. I've been riding since about 88-89, except for a stretch about 96-04 that I didn't ride at all. Mostly I want to charge groomers, do some carving. I'd use the root for fresh snow/trees. I never ride switch, if I go in the park, it's only to hit a couple jumps. I ride ice coast, so it needs to have great grip on ice, and I was wanting something that will smooth out some of the other crap/chop. Not sure how to phrase it.

I figured its a good time to start looking since end of season sales are starting. I was thinking maybe Capita NAS in a 159?

Thanks!
Handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote