Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Many boards this past weekend.
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
snowman55

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2cycles View Post
This past weekend was a different Colorado trip for me. I was able to ride 8 different snowboards in 3 days of riding. I learned a lot about the things I like and don't like in a snowboard.

At Silverton I rented a: Venture Odin 163

At Monarch, I demo'd:
Never Summer Ripsaw 156
Never Summer EVO 154
Never Summer Proto HD 157
Never Summer Chairman 164
Lib Tech TRS 157 (my own board)

Crested Butte (my own boards): Never Summer Cobra 161 and GNU Billy Goat 159

Stiffness order (my own feel): EVO, Proto, TRS, Cobra, Ripsaw, Billy Goat, Chairman and Odin

I really liked the Proto, TRS, Cobra and Billy Goat. The Ripsaw, Chairman and Odin were tough for me to ride well. I discovered that I like a softer board and am not as hard of a charger as I thought I was.

It was a great weekend to get to try so many different boards and compare and contrast things about them.

The overall winner for me is very close with the Proto HD barely edging out the TRS.

The overall loser for me is the Odin...I didn't really like that board. I spent the entire day at Silverton wishing I had strapped on my Billy Goat instead.

Good stuff. Curious though what your stats are (weight, height, type of riding, etc..).

thanks
snowman55 is offline   Reply With Quote