Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

new board

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  DEK 
G
#1 ·
g'day guys and girls im in the market for a new board willing to spend $750 australian on just a board.
i mainly ride in the park always hitting the kickers, tabletops, boxes and trying the rails, but i want something that will handle 40 footers, and i occasionally go for the tree runs and stuff nothing crazy but im mainly into park
my current options are:

burton custom non ics for $699

lib tech trs mtx $699(magne traction)

ride kink unsure of price but below 700

just want to know your opinion on these boards the pros and the cons i know they are all different boards but they all come up under freestyle the custom being all round freestyle the trs freestyle and the kink jibbing urban.
and also what other boards are out there in the similar price range
thanks peoples any help is appreciated
dek

See less See more
#3 ·
maybe a forum destroyer? or k2 darkstar or Jibpan? these are around the same price range as the custom and lib tech trs. The kink though is the odd one out, it is more or less a noodle and is a lot cheaper than the other boards, prob good for mostly park and not much over 30 feet i would say. But it is all personal choice, some people just prefer softer boards even for jumping, i have seen people hit the like 40 footers at Bear with Rome Artifacts (prob one of the softest board out there).

G
#4 ·
last season i wanted to go for the custom ics and the ride but i found the trs real cheap but there is still one more thing on the lib tech website it says the trs is also btx edition would it be worth the extra hundred for btx instead or mtx (banana traction) and (magne traction) an any ideas on what year model the trs i posted because i found a great deal on the same 1 i posted for $625 and the 09 skunk ape retails at 1000+
cheers guys dek

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.