Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye Winterpark Ski Train, so sorry to see you go.
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Unhappy Goodbye Winterpark Ski Train, so sorry to see you go.

Talk about a huge loss. I guess it can't really be a surprise, the Ski Train from Denver to Winterpark never made any money. It was so much fun though. Nothing like having an easy ride up in the morning, eating breakfast burritos, drinking coffee, or just sleeping through the ride. Then on the way back, getting ripped in the bar car on the way home was a riot. It's been about six years since I've taken it. Tried to put a trip together this year, but it failed. Now I am regretting that I didn't try harder.
Quote:
DENVER - The last Ski Train to Winter Park has left Union Station.

A spokesman for Denver businessman Phil Anschutz confirmed late Tuesday that the train operation is being bought and moved to Canada by a subsidiary of the Canadian National Railway Co.

The subsidiary, Algoma Central Railway Inc., already operates a Snow Train from its headquarters in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
The sale ends ski train service between Denver and Winter Park that began in 1940.
Rest of the article here.

Definitely the end of something good.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote