Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Mixing wax together

10K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  SnowDogWax 
#1 ·
If I melt a high temp wax with a cold temp wax do I get an all temp wax?
In other words is it better to make one layer of multiple waxes or layers of different waxes?

#5 ·
I mix wax but if similar temps. I'll run a line of cold wax down the edges as it lasts a bit longer and then combine some high flourocarbon and graphite waxes in the middle. Probably more than necessary but oh well I haul ass.

#8 ·
yeah you can just put it on the board in even layers and swirl them together with the iron. But, as others said idk why you would do that its much easier to order an all-temp online, and wait. but if youre in a jam you can do it.

#9 ·
I ran out of all temp wax and I hav to big blocks of cold and warm from race wax. I mostly use the warm as a hot scrape or warm days. But it doesn't last long no matter the conditions. I screwed my self a few weeks ago I had all warm wax on there from the week before (35 deg) it was 1 deg at loon and holy shit I was soooooo slow it was brutal. I'll try the cold on the edges,sounds like a good idea. I'll mix a bit in the middle also. Thanks for the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.