Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Mervin Choice for aggressive freestyle/all-mountain
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
mattsnowboard

Default Mervin Choice for aggressive freestyle/all-mountain

I'm narrowing down my new board list. I've actually demo'd a Lib Tech TRS so I'm feeling safe with any of these options. Anyone care to weigh in? I'm looking to buy soon-ish while I'm seeing decent sales but my sizes aren't sold out yet.

I'm pretty experienced (10 years of riding), been riding a K2 Darkstar 154 for the past 7-8 years. I ride like 40% park (jumps with an occasional box) and 60% all-mountain. Definitely want true twin. Weigh about 150 lbs. Fairly confident anywhere and like the feel of camber over rocker. Have some new Rome 390 Boss bindings to go with it. Currently live in the PNW/Seattle area. Here's the list with my pros/cons so far.

Lib Tech TRS 157
+ I've demo'd the 154, like this board and XC2BTX
- But it's an extruded base, and I don't know if I want full magnetraction (vs. .5 which may be nice but not overly "catchy")

GNU Danny Kass 155
+ XC2BTX like TRS, Sintered base, .5 magnetraction

Lib Tech Hot Knife 156
+ C3BTX profile sounds nice, but I've only ridden the XC2BTX and regular camber. Sintered Base. .5 Magnetraction
- Haven't ridden this camber profile (but not necessarily a con, just an uknown)

So any advice? I'm mostly wondering about Hot Knife vs the others. I think I'd get the Danny Kass over TRS because it seems like it is similar but better.

I've also been intrigued by the K2 Happy Hour (reviews are very positive), but I need to call around a find a demo before I consider it. And I've thought about a Rome Mod for the camber profile, but I think these hybrids will be a nice change of pace.
mattsnowboard is offline   Reply With Quote