Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer sizing and board assistance please
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Silver King

Default Never Summer sizing and board assistance please

Howdy! Well after getting much better and losing a ton of weight (55lbs) I want to get a new board. I currently ride a 2009 Never Summer SL 161 and now weigh 175lbs soaking wet. So, after reading a million threads and reviews for the past 3 days, I am still confused.

First, I predominantly ride the Tahoe region ( if it helps anyone, I love Kirkwood backside and Cornice, Squaw KT and Granite, and Alpine Meadows backside) and really want a board that can help me handle steep chutes littered with moguls and tight tree runs with natural features. I never go in the park unless I'm chasing my kids around. Something that can handle a bit of pow, can turn on a dime, handle the crud, go fast, and pop on some little jumps, etc. I guess I'm deciding between sticking with a shorter SL (mine right now is a handful on the steeps), Cobra, Proto, or Heritage.

I would greatly appreciate any input on the right size (158?) and model. Thank you very much!
Silver King is offline   Reply With Quote