Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - new bindings
Thread: new bindings
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
socal2009

Default Can't go wrong with either...

Between the two the Forces are better suited for free riding. Their highbacks are stiffer than the cadets but not too stiff. They are considered middle of the road in stiffness which will give you the most versatility whether you wanna mob down steeps or play in the park. I would consider myself as being a similar rider as you so I like doing mostly free riding as well. However, if you want a more forgiving binding with a softer flex then you might wanna go with the cadets, you'll still be able to mob down steeps but the bindings just won't be as responsive. It's really up to you, they're both great bindings so you can't go wrong with either. Just be sure that when you purchase one of them that you adjust them so that the cap strap fits right. A lot of people have been complaining about the new cap strap system slipping off their boots. When you setup your bindings make sure to put your boots in and fit you bindings to them. Here's how the cap strap should fit. Also, you should try calling Union to get their opinion. I've called their customer service line and they're freaking awesome, they really helped me choose the right binding for me. Good luck on your purchase.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg union toe strap.jpg (53.6 KB, 88 views)