• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%

Overhang too much?

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Wiredsport 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Just decked out my new set-up for this upcoming season. I know that your boots are supposed to overhang the board by about an inch. I have pretty big feet size 12 to be exact and I have a Wide Board. Check out the pictures below and let me know what you think. Im thinking of moving my binding back. Any suggestions?

Photos Attached*

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello.
Your boots in a perfect world would have no overhang.
From the pics they look very uncentered, like too much toe hang. Look at the base from straight on and your boots should have the same amount of toe and heel hang. You might have to position your baseplates so the slots go from edge to edge to do it.
Also look for bindings with a high profile or built in gas pedals and you'll let your toes a little further away too.

If they are centered youll probably be fine most of the time but might slip out on really deep toeside carves on groomers and hardpack.

#4 ·
The amount of overhang looks fine. An alternate opinion to the one written above: you want and need some barefoot overhang and of course that means even more boot overhang. Too much can be an issue but you are not there.

In terms of centering, please post a photo shot from under the base and with both boots strapped tightly into the bindings.

STOKED!

#5 ·
Hey Wired Sport Cheers for the reply,

It seems like you know what your talking about so I attached some more pictures to see what you think about centering. Let me know what you think i should do to adjust the bindings. Btw i have a Burton Board with the channel system so its pretty flexible

Attachments

#10 ·
You have some good advice above. Depending on binding configuration you should have adjustments on either disc, heelcup or both that will set your heel further off the heelside edge. Your first priority should be centering. Your second priority should be keeping the baseplate in a comfy and supportive position underfoot. You will likely be able to achieve both.

STOKED!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.