Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First Time trip to Jackson Hole!
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 08:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tarzanman
Veteran Member

If this week's weather is any indication of what you'll encounter then expect warm temperatures, wet slushy snow and maybe even some rain.

My old roommate is headed out there today and temps are getting up into the high 30's. It is also going to snow, but I am not sure how much powder he will find with it being that warm.

the quickest way to be introduced to the mountain is to immediately get in line for the tram, get to the top of the mountain and just ride all the way down. Bonus points for hiking the headwall your first time up. The only trail you might want to make sure you hit mid-way are the Hobacks (which you probably won't be able to reach if you do hike up to headwall).

The best bang for your buck/time (in terms of making loops) are probably the Sublette or Casper lifts.... but there really is fun to be had all over that mountain.

Again, don't forget to hike up to headwall (or a bit past it) while you are there.
Read on another forum: "If someone held a gun to my head and said, "You have to move to Salida tomorrow", I'd probably do it. If they told me I had to go to Breckenridge instead, I think I'd just let them pull the trigger."
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote