Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your 2014 Snowboarding Highlights?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dutty

I moved to Colorado this fall and I have only missed one weekend on the hill since October (I was sick ) I'm somewhere between 35-40 days, I'll probably ride more this year than all other years combined.
I've lost count of how many times I've said "best snow day I've ever had" this season. It's the best decision I've ever made to move here... If I didn't like my job so much, I'd be looking to move into the hills.

Riding after getting 26" in one day was an amazing new experience this year. Also notable was getting to finally ride a day at Blue Sky Basin in Vail (just went there Sunday). Jumping off the cornice into amazing snow near Lover's Leap was so much fun. Grilling brats at the top of the lift on the open grill was icing on the cake. I also really enjoyed Champagne Glades.
My riding has definitely improved this year. The single best thing I did was take a lesson. I've been snowboarding for over 10 years, and I never realized how many bad habits I had... ruddering, disco dancing for balance, and trying to throw my board around instead of properly initiating a turn. I had an amazing lesson that got me working on all the kinks in my riding. I can now manage runs that used to be difficult or tiring before at a much faster pace, using much less energy.

So all in all, it was a great year... but it's not over yet

Last edited by Dutty; 03-04-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Dutty is offline   Reply With Quote