Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Raiden Zero review
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 09:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
legallyillegal
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Binding changes for 2010 new disk, new dampening.
Unless they've changed up the foam they're using for 2010 (the only difference I see is the pattern), the Zero looks exactly the same (other than the new disk - which I'm not a huge fan of - although it is interesting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
they dont seem too great, i thought you liked them alot?
It's not that I don't like them, it's just that Raiden has some minor issues that need working out.

For example:

Raiden's micro-adjust heelcup (which btw doesn't have a whole lot of range). You put the screw in, and it pulls what is basically a metal tooth into the heelcup. This "tooth" digs into the painted aluminum. Adjust your bindings a lot? See a problem?

The airbag. Surrounded on 3 sides by baseplate material. Where will it compress the easiest? Where is the most force concentrated upon impact? (This applies to all airbag models)

Where does a heelcup/baseplate incur the most stress when going through natural snowboarding motions? Hint: You can snowboard just fine without a toe strap. The heelbag, while great for hard impacts, removes the lateral support offered by non-airbag models. Oh, and some models get even less aluminum for 2010.

The ratchets. Oh how I love you Mr. Right Toe Ratchet. 90 degrees to get 1 click. 180 degrees to get a full 4. Guess where the springs like to shear. The ankle strap ratchets are better.

TrashTalk Time! K2, your ankle strap ratchets blow. Same limp-ass feeling as Machs. (I don't have a problem with K2's toe strap ratchets).

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote