Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Beginner critique/advice
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 11:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
speedjason
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00bar View Post
Agreed, lessons are in order. The first few times were at a pretty small mountain. The beginner slope was a toe rope that he had a bear of a time getting the hang of. So while he could get down just fine they had to put him in a lower group that was walking up the slope. For obvious reasons that kinda frustrated him.

Now he's doing chairs and we are going to a bit larger mountain that really caters to snowboarders as much as skiers so I'll get him to give lessons another go.

In the morning he was totally side sliding down the mountain. We had a bit of a 'discussion' over that and by the end of the day while I won't say he was carving he definitely can go up on heel edge and go cross slope without slipping.

Should I adjust the 'camber?' on the bindings a bit to force his knees to bend? Right now I have them straight up.
nah you should not force him to do anything. I would say have him watch these videos.
How to Snowboard: Step 1 - Introduction to Snowboarding - YouTube
speedjason is offline   Reply With Quote