Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Advice on proper posture

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Mopsey 
#1 ·
Let me see how to explain this the best.

When going down the run, my right (uphill) quad right above my knee, burns and/or cramps like there is no tomorrow. I do 1 of 2 things when that happens: Stand up straight, which is not condusive to keeping the front from submarining; or I pull off to the side and have to sit down for about 30 seconds.

What I think I'm doing wrong has something to do with the amount of pressure I put on my back leg to prevent submarining. I'm at a loss here with what to do. Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.

#3 ·
Since he's talking about submarining I would guess he's talking about riding powder, Try changing your highback lean, Stance width and stance angles. I played around with a ton of different setups and on a few of them I had that same problem, just changed up the settings till it went away.

#5 ·
I am talking about powder but next year I'll be on a lot more packed down snow. The more I think about it, when I'm on packed resort slopes, I'm leaning more centered and it doesn't hurt as much. Then I get to the problem of handling my speed (I know how to work on that).

What do you mean by "highback lean"?

Regarding my stance. I'll admit it is probably a tad narrow but I tried my buddy's board, it is maybe a few inches wider than mine and it just didn't jive.

#6 ·
the forward lean on the highback, If you don't know what it is than you probably haven't touched it. But if you try adjusting that a bit it might help. I know mine actually got screwed up and one was more forward than the other and my back knee was in terrible pain till I adjusted them back to what I use to ride. That's the only thing I've disliked about the rome arsenals the damn high back adjustments get loose and just change randomly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.