Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Religion v. Torture
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
snaplok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpetual3am View Post
I'm currently reading this book, "God is Not Great, how religion poisons everything" by Christopher Hitchens and when I read that article yesterday I was all, "And there's yet ANOTHER reason why religion sucks". Not surprising since you have to have a pretty skewed view of the world to believe in Santa/Jesus to begin with, but I just shake my head that they don't see the irony of their views. Wasn't their saviour tortured? Didn't he preach forgiveness, love they neighbour and turn the other cheek? Silly me for thinking that people who base their lives around a particular religion might actually follow it's tenets. That's the religious masses for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
That is an excellent read!!!

I have these Christo Fascist kooks telling me all the time that this is a "holy war" against Islam and blah,blah,blah. Bush really latched onto this with his "axis of evil" and "evil dooers" rhetoric. The Republican party has been hijacked by the extreme christian right and I call them the American Taliban.
Hitler's Pope by John Cornwell is another good read to add. Catholics, of which I am one, are among the biggest hypocrites out there( I guess for this thread I will burn, oh well ). I was fortunate to visit the Museum of Crime and Punishment in DC last month and besides some of the really cool exhibits were all the religious " torture" devices of yore. Nothing beats the Spanish Inquisition to give new meaning to torture, waterboarding is cake compared to what these glorified bastards did. Iron Maiden wasn't just for heavy metal.

Last edited by snaplok; 05-02-2009 at 08:02 PM.