Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Too hot.

4K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  KIRKRIDER 
#1 ·
This weekend looks good in Tahoe... but 56 deg for saturday sounds WAY too hot for me. What do you guys think? When it's too warm for you? Would you go anyway?

#4 ·
I need to work only mood then. I missed the typical multiple deep storm days slashing powder all alone this season (let's call it that way) ... now the prospective of a stop and go day and saturday lines is not appealing.

#5 ·
We just decided to skip this weekend. No fresh, >12°C/53°F and sunshine? The entire coutry will be heading to the mountains, every inch of the resort will be stuffed, every run a mogul hell top to bottom full with plowing skiers. I don't mind to ride moguls, if you can ride. But with hundreds of ppl on the same run? naw... Gonna use that suneshine for a long nice hack in daylight - the first since October :)

#13 ·
From the SF bay area to Tahoe is more 6 hours drive round trip... but yeah. I'm whining. Good point.

Ok! A-Frame and 55-45 angles then. I'll carve that place silly.

#15 ·
I'll take whatever I can get. It's been way too hot all season long and like has been mentioned, my only concern is the snow base.

I'll just layer less and be up there tomorrow XD

KIRKRIDER said:
From the SF bay area to Tahoe is more 6 hours drive round trip... but yeah. I'm whining. Good point.
I'd say it's more like 6 hours one way... :unsure:

#25 · (Edited)
Im going over the same decision too... I have the two weeks off the end of this month and Im trying to decide just exactly where I want to go ridin'. Anywhere other then mammoth is a major trip for me and....well it aint looking too good there.

56 is too warm IF Im paying more then ~50 for a lift ticket (never mind gas, hotel etc)

If I had a season pass and a ski lease like I have in past seasons? Hells yes!

56 is just fine for April/May. Nothing like riding in a hoodie and shell pants. Cruising slushy laps and getting buzzed.

Im torn between driving up to the PNW or SLC hoping for powder. Or saying fuck it and camping at the beach.

#26 ·
Sounds like fun! After missing out on 4-5 weeks of riding and the best couple weeks of snow around here. I was just saying that I'll deal with all the cold, drab n dreary if it means I can still ride for a while.

Ppl here look at me like I'm completely off my rocker cuz I'm upset about the 50° temps this week! :dunno: :laugh:

Having the option to still ride when it's warm n summery out? Sounds like a helluva bonus to me! ;)

#28 ·
Was actually really good! Crusty and fast in the morning, I set up with 34 - 21 extreme angles for me, took me a bit to get used to them, but once I did, carving was so natural, at that angle the A Frame was locking edges in the snow like a rail. Beautiful. Later it softened up quite a bit opening the slush-country that felt like ceramic an hour before to more slashing and stomping. No lines, Bluebird.

#30 ·
Glad you enjoyed the day!
That A-Frame sounds like a fun board. Beautiful n mighty. Was on my bucket list but rather hard to find here.

#31 ·
I'm sure your Solution is up to the task! Try higher angles and lay those carves down! Loved it.
Of course my son took my Contour and went with his friends, so I have no footage of the Euro-carving.

Next time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.