Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Can my girlfriend use my board?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
KayZ

Default Can my girlfriend use my board?

Dudes and dudettes, so my girl wants to give the sport a shot and I want her to fall in love with it to be honest - trying my best to ensure her first day goes better than the average wrist-breaking tailbone-cracking frustration filled day aka my first day

I am gonna lend her my asspad I bought while learning and already got her Level gloves with wristguards (she has weak wrists so this was a must). Now she will have to rent her equip, but I have an old 156 park pickle (mens) laying around. So she can just rent bindings and boots and grab the board.

Considering we are on the east coast the magnetraction and rocker will really prevent edge catching and raise confidence on this icy surface while learning - i know I was deathly afraid of edges after the first few catches, as well as passing a segment of ice...

My question boils down to, is it okay for her to use a 156cm mens board to learn? she is about 5'9-5'10 and 130lbs with a pretty big foots, a womens 9-10.

TL;DR:
-girlfriend first time riding
-my park pickle 156cm (mens)
-GF dimensions: 5'9-5'10, 130lbs
- yes? no? maybe?
KayZ is offline   Reply With Quote