Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Getting GoPro angled properly?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kaitlyn2004

Default Getting GoPro angled properly?

I had an old gopro but it didn't work well at night and difficult to use "blind".

Now with my newer Hero3, it includes the remote which is nice. I've been trying to use it on my past few snowboard trips, but without a ton of success. Inevtiably, I guess mostly because of falls/bumps the camera ends up pointing more "downward" despite me tightening the mount as much as I think I can. As a result, it's not long before my "POV" video becomes a video of what is mainly the tip of my snowboard.

The remote has been amazing for easy start+stop of recording, but I obviously still cannot "position" the camera properly, especially when I'm on my own.

The gopro app helps and was how I originally positioned the camera but it has to be either the phone or the remote, and it doesn't seem easy at all to "switch" between them.

I'm using the helmet strap mount going through the vents in my helmet.

Any tips/techniques or anything else you guys can suggest so that I could more reliably actually get some usable gopro footage when I'm snowboarding?
Kaitlyn2004 is offline   Reply With Quote